Friday, February 4, 2011

Bone Marrow Donation Update

As you may remember, I donated bone marrow on December 15th. If you have no idea what I'm talking about you can read about it in a previous blog post, here.

This week I emailed a few people from DKMS to see if I could find out anything about the patient's current status. I received an email back today and found out that the little girl did indeed receive the transplant two weeks ago! I don't have any more information yet but apparently it can take up to 30 days to see if her body will accept the blood or not. I'll write again when I find out more. Until then, everyone say a little prayer that the transplant is successful!









This is all I had to do to potentially save a little girl's life? I never would have thought. Terrible quality pictures, haha, I took them from my laptop while donating.

No comments:

Post a Comment